Thursday, June 19, 2008

Say hello



...to the first ever piece of clothing made of yarn, started and finished by me, which is also wearable! I'm kinda pleased with it. It was really quick to do (key to the aforementioned finishing bit), and finally made me use up the Debbie Bliss Maya stacks of yarn I bought quite a while ago (when it was cheap[er than before...] because it had been discontinued by that time.) I kinda started from this pattern, but changed it round a bit.

Also, the fabric has arrived. And it's true, it's not purple. It's like, nothing like purple. It's got a funny colour which I know has a name, but I can't think of it. It may be platinum.



The back is really quite yellow/ pale bright gold, if that makes any sense. I do like it, though. It shall be used to cover the chair, and it shall be sat upon for eternity. Lets just hope there's enough. I guess the reason it was cheap were the faults in part of it, so I'll have to see how much I can salvage.

OH! HELLO! Almost forgot... (That self-promotion thing is something I gotta work on....) The exhibition (remember?). Well, it starts today and will be on until 11 July, so come check it out!



And here's some doodles from last week - cards for various friends' happenings.



No comments: