Monday, March 23, 2009

Ack!

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!
It's here! Well, at least that's what I think it is... I am currently debating whether I should forego swimming tomorrow morning and instead go to the post office to pick it up. Aaaaaaaaarrgh! I don't know! Why do the pool and the post office have to be so far apart?? My feeling at the moment is that I might actually leave it until Thursday, so that I can have a proper appreciative opening ceremony, rather than the rip-it-to-shreds-because-I've-got-to-go-to-work thingee that's inevitably going to take place if I pick it up before then... If my head explodes in the meantime, you'll know why.

And now, for something completely different: Craft: sez that March is Mending Month, so I've been mending.

March mending March mending

These trousers have been around for a good few years, but seem to have gotten too long fairly recently. Maybe there's some age-related shrinkage going on here, I don't know. Anyways, the back legs got a bit shredded, and finally I caught one of the shreds on something and ripped off too big a bit to ignore it any longer. I had fairly recently picked up this flowery cottony fabric, which had been squealing 'Pick me! Pick me!' every time I looked at my fabric box, so I finally decided to use it on the trousers. I ended up unpicking all the seams, then ironing on tape to repair the worst of the damage, before sewing on the new fabric, shortening them a wee bit at the same time. I kinda like it, although I didn't shorten them enough... They're getting scuffed again already.

A secret admirer
I've also finally joined The Toy Society, to help spread the loooooove. This wee thingummybob will be released into the wild soon, in search of a happy home. See how it goes.

Finally, whilst I'm at it, may as well share with you a pic of another mobile, for another wee yin, which happened last weekend. (The mobile, that is, not the wee yin).

1 comment:

Tickled Pink Twice said...

Ok...so you are seriously amazingly creative. My DH loves the kitchen you made. I'd love to know how to made some of the little owls or monsters. They would make a great mobile for my littlest gal (4.5 months). I must check out your new site. Mind if I add you to my blogroll?