Friday, July 28, 2006

Mr Reinecke


Last night it was once again too hot to sleep, and so when I heard a noise in the street, I looked down and there was a fox!

The pictures I took are pretty rubbish, because I really don't know how to use Mike's camera beyond the most obvious point and click and hope for the best, but oh well.

I got quite excited about seeing a fox, though it looked quite scruffy and made an enormous mess.

There seems to be somebody around here (might not always be the same person, but there appears to be a pattern) who for some reason puts their bin bags *next to* the bins. It annoys the hell out of me, because it usually ends with seagulls waking me up at 4 in the morning being stupid about it. I know that there are quite a few people in Edinburgh who hate and boycott bins, and I don't understand them, but fine. Go ahead. You've got the same right to stupidity as I.

What really gets me about it, though, is that they want it both ways; not only do they not want bins, they also don't stick to the rules for areas that don't have them, i.e. don't leave them out over night, but rather put them out before 7 on the day they're going to be picked up. If you really don't want to have 'ugly' bins in front of your house, show that you're responsible enough to deal without them.

Raa. I've been vaguely tempted to contact the Council about it, as they always say they can find out where rubbish comes from, but I feel that would just be the final lunge into adult-poker-up-my-ass-sadness. It's only a bit of rubbish, woman. Get a life.

Plus, even though the fox made a mess and the gulls made it worse *and* woke me up, there's no evidence left now as already the valiant men of the Edinburgh litter squad have done their work.


I like the double shadows in this one.

No comments: