Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cinnamon goodness

cinnamon rolls
A friend lent me Sunshine, by Robin McKinley recently, which got me making cinnamon rolls. Does that confuse you? Then you obviously haven't read the book. Go and do it.

I enjoyed it enormously. Initially, the sentences' tendency to change direction about 5 times before ending annoyed me ever so slightly, but the story took over pretty quickly.

As for the rolls, I did look at some recipes, but ended up making a version that resembled what was in my head most. Here's the recipe. It's very easy.

Dough:
Mix 350g flour with
100g sugar (Although, if I was to make them again with the same filling, I'd prolly half the sugar)
Rub in 150g margarine
Stir in about two thirds of a sachet of Fast Action Dry Yeast (doesn't need pre-mixing with sugar)
and about 200ml of lukewarm soyamilk.

Leave to rise in a warm place for about 90mins.

Filling:
Mash up about 100g marzipan with
2 tsp cinnamon
and some warm soymilk.

Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Spread filling on top. Roll up. Cut into about 4cm thick slices. Place on baking tray. Bake for about 25 mins, gas mark 5.

They're best fresh, though you can dip them into your coffee the next day for more yumminess.

No comments: