Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Singin' in the rain

Remember the little mermaid from a couple of weeks ago? At the time, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it, except that I had a little musical windy thing... you know, the musical clock type thingees, which I wanted to incorporate.

Also, I wanted her to sit on rocks, so I found me some. Then it was time to come up with a way to assemble it all, but being in box making mode these days, the decision was made pretty quickly.



The idea to crochet around the rocks came, as so often, from the Craft: blog. I was fairly sure I'd seen them recently, but half an hour's trawling through it didn't bring any results, so unfortunately I can't tell you who did them first. If you want to go look for them, they're not in March...



Initially, I thought if I go for crochet, I can kinda sew it all together to make sure it stays where it's supposed to, but in the end I went for good ol' glue. I'm quite nervous about tipping it, though, so how I'm going to get it to Germany is, for the moment, beyond me. We'll see.



Oh, the tune it plays is 'Singing in the Rain'. I know. Bit incongruous, but the options were kinda limited...

5 comments:

p u r l g u r l said...

HI Carmen,

I got the ribbon! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I left you a message on your Ravelry. I'm online in Lake Tahoe getting in a few days of snowboarding before the season ends.

Take care, purlgurl

King Carmen said...

:^) You're very welcome! Glad you like it!

My name is Cindy said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog - I love the way you write and your mermaid is a darling.
See ya around!! Cindy

My name is Cindy said...

apols - think I may have clicked through to the wrong place lol, but comments stil stand and do pop over some time!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is absolutely darling!!
You really do make the niftiest things, Carmen...I love the colors you picked for everything, too--the stripey paper is the perfect finishing touch :)