Another one got finished. I liked using that fancy lace stitch on the rectangular bit. It's quite cool. The monster itself turned out a bit hmmm. Not quite sure. But Mike assures me it's cool, so I'll be going with his opinion.
The fabric I used for this one is different from the first one (slightly thicker), and was an enormous stroke of luck. Back in Germany on holiday, I dragged my mum through a few antiques shops, and in one of them (the local one), I rooted through the basket of linens and eventually came across what looked like a bolt of plain linen. It was very yellow with age, but seemed in good nick (and yellow just means it's *vintage*, anyways... :^), so I took it home for 7 Euros! I guessed it was about 4m at first glance, so considered it a bargain.
Now, imagine my excitement when I got home and measured it and it turned out to be 13 (thirteen!) metres of lovely (and after a quick stint in the wash white) linen! It's only 75cm wide, but still, that's a whole lotta fabric.
So ye, as I said, it's a bit coarser than the cotton I used for the first hankie, but it feels really nice and soft.
Also, yesterday I came across, like, the best vegan lemon sugar cookie recipe, like, ever. I adapted it slightly as I didn't have all the ingredients the recipe called for, but I'm totally in love with them.
Here's the recipe (my version): Mix 1/8 cup soya milk with 4 Tsp lemon juice and set aside.
Mix 1 1/4 cups flour (I used wholemeal) Pinch of salt 1/3 Tsp Baking soda and set aside.
Beat 1/3 cup sugar (bit more than) 1/3 cup margarine Zest of 2 lemons (and 1/2 Tsp lemon extract, if you have/ can be arsed) until light and fluffy.
Add soya milk mix and beat a bit more, then mix this with the flour 'n' stuff.
The dough should be quite soft and silky. Make balls and roll them in sugar, then bake 10 mins at 200C.